Is Bankruptcy Right For Me?
If you asking yourself if bankruptcy is right for you, chances are your debt has grown to be unmanageable and you feel there is no other way out. Bankruptcy can be scary, confusing, and overwhelming to think about. It can also be the best way out of a tremendously difficult situation. If you are wondering if bankruptcy may be the best option for your situation, let the bankruptcy attorneys at the Law Office of Joseph M. Annutto evaluate where you stand and see if we can help you get back on your feet.
Do I Qualify for Bankruptcy?
There are a few indicators that your debt situation may have reached a level that warrants a bankruptcy filing. Some of those indicators may include saying yes to the following questions:
- Have you already cut back on all extra expenses and still can’t pay your bills?
- Have you already asked for lower interest rates or lower payments to no avail?
- Are you under the threat of foreclosure or eviction?
- Are behind in your bills by more than a month with little hope of catching up?
- Have you been unemployed for a while or have had a significant change in your life that affected finances, such as divorce or being sued?
- Are you being harassed by creditors or have had property repossessed?
Another indicator of your situation rests in the numbers. You should add up all of your debt and compare that to the value of your assets, including accounts, pensions, and real estate. If your debt outweighs the value of your current assets, you may be digging a deeper hole each month.
Free Bankruptcy Consultations
Every situation is different and it may be hard to tell if you are at a point where bankruptcy is your best option. Our firm can help you decide the best course of action. The bankruptcy attorneys at the Law Office of Joseph M. Annutto can take an objective look at your situation and devise a plan that will maximize your chances of keeping assets and regaining stable financial footing. Let us help you discover if bankruptcy is the right choice and then get started on helping you move forward.